Site friends

Welcome, Gaijin · RSS 2024-10-16, 8:23 AM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Training Boundaries?
That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 7:30 PM | Message # 1
Less of a Noob
Group: Administrators
As much as I would rather not have to do this, I'm afraid we'll have to adopt this kind of maneuver. At least in the beginning, for the sake of everyone's fun. When the reset was made, the idea was to enjoy calmly our growth and have fun in the process... But it is turning into a too damn accelerated pl race. So this is what's being proposed:

There will be a boundary based off the weakest person shown in the Strongest List. While the weakest person { number 10 } doesn't reach a certain mark, no one can go over a certain pl by training. This will be delimited by training checkpoints { when a the words multiplier you have for common roleplay goes up } . For example, right now the Cap will be 25.000 base pl. After that, writting will no longer increase your pl, though a meditation can pump it up. When the number 10 of the list was at 10k, then the person could once again start writting until the next check point, at 50.000 pl.

#10 Top Strongest is at 0-4.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 25k
#10 Top Strongest is at 5.000-9.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 50k
#10 Top Strongest is at 10.000-14.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 75k
#10 Top Strongest is at 15.000-49.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 250k
#10 Top Strongest is at 50.000-99.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 500k
#10 Top Strongest is at 100.000-149.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 750k
#10 Top Strongest is at 150.000-199.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 1 mil
#10 Top Strongest is at 200.000-499.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 2,5 mil
#10 Top Strongest is at 499.999-999.999 pl --- Highest PL someone can reach is 5 mil

Basically, 1/5 of the checkpoint where your words multiplier go up is the base pl required for the #10 top strongest to have for you to be able to go over the said checkpoint. { I hope this sentence didn'tsound so confusing... but just look above and you'll understand it } .

Thank you for your attention. I would like to hear from you now.

That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 7:33 PM | Message # 2
Less of a Noob
Forget about the meditation part... no going over in any ways. I forgot meds are different for all races.

MaxDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 7:54 PM | Message # 3
Uber Noob
Group: Users
Gotta say, i like this idea Rocky cool

Kyrt_RyderDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 8:03 PM | Message # 4
Cool
Group: Checked
Eh, it's not a huge issue, but the implementation does feel awfully forced. If we're doing this, it might be a good idea to try to come up with a better approach to it than the one suggested.

lets start brainstorming smile

KryeedDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 8:09 PM | Message # 5
Less of a Noob
xD personally not liking it at all, if we're putting the effort to train, we should be able to get past a specific point, keeping the less than inspired people who chose saiyan or changeling to keep a distinct upper hand till much much later xD i know what I say doesnt matter cuz i'm at the top part of this xD but it feels rather constricting, punishing the motivated

Kyrt_RyderDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 8:15 PM | Message # 6
Cool
He does have one point Fellipe. You told the people complaining about Saiyans having stronger transes to 'just train harder and be stronger' and with this that option isn't possible. (Note I don't particularly think your suggestion was the best way to handle that discussion, just pointing out the suggestion is invalid entirely now.)

That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 8:37 PM | Message # 7
Less of a Noob
Really? Perhaps just 2 or 3 ppl. But the other 27 , the way I see it, they will be encouraged to keep playing, for not all of them can stay around 24 / 7 just to make sure they can keep up. And it is for this people that I fear, that they eventually get disencouraged and leave. Knowing that at least a small level of fairness can be kept, I think it gives them some peace of heart as THEY are not forced to write texts and more texts evey moment. I can assure no one here wants to see more activity in this site than I do. But I don't want to force activity on anyone. And that's exactly what a pl race causes.

Hyuuga-NejiDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 9:24 PM | Message # 8
Less of a Noob
Actually I really do like the idea as it does hold it's own value as, it was me that brought it up in the first place, as if I am not mistaken on MSN groups after I rapidly gained a massive boost and having turned my main char to Aizen, the activity around the site pretty much gone from 75-100% active status it dropped to about 15-50% active status as we had ended up losing a large number of our active members, and since the Closing of Groups I've tried not to fallow in my own foot steps forcing myself not to repeat past events with myself and I'd rather not have to murder my brain anymore then I really have to.

As this site was redone to made sure that members enjoy there stay here and not thinking to themselves "Geez there is no chance in hell that I can compete with those members that pull such high trainings, so there is no point for me to stick around so I'll just go else where and start over again somewhere else."

So Yeah, this isn't suppost to be abusive to those that are not around all the time like geez >.> isn't there other things that you could be doing like for one those that still have open henchman spots create one or two of them if you have them still open to you. If you have that much free time.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here but I'm only just stating past experiances that I'd rather not have repeated to an extent, so yeah granted that these changes will require slight tweeks here and there to give a little bit more leway to this but still its something that has to done for those that don't write novels of short stories.

Neji aka Auron/Aizen

MaxDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 9:34 PM | Message # 9
Uber Noob
Well... you dont really have to stop training, just dont post it up until the site has caught up to you. Keep it saved on your computer and write as much as ya want ^^ Just a suggestion ^^;

Kyrt_RyderDate: Saturday, 2010-02-27, 9:46 PM | Message # 10
Cool
Quote (Max)
Well... you dont really have to stop training, just dont post it up until the site has caught up to you. Keep it saved on your computer and write as much as ya want ^^ Just a suggestion ^^;

Max. I can't speak for Kamina and Frieza (and I suppose it's possible I'm mistaken about Kryeed, but I know him fairly well, so odds are good I'm right in this statement I'm about to make) but myself and Kryeed haven't been trying to supercharge our PL's and are going to continue playing even though we get nothing for it.

Like I said earlier, I understand the need for something like this. I still don't like the way it's currently executed though. I'm thinking through an alternative right now, and I ask that people reading this do the same. We're all in this together, lets work as a team and make sure it's the best it can be. ^^

Message edited by Kyrt_Ryder - Saturday, 2010-02-27, 9:49 PM

PeldorianDate: Sunday, 2010-02-28, 0:21 AM | Message # 11
Noob
I like this, I believe that in order for Power Level's to advance in Cap however, we need to have a site wide Saga, which would promote activity, and get people to roleplay together.

JonDate: Sunday, 2010-02-28, 2:20 AM | Message # 12
Noob
Likes this

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024