Site friends

Welcome, Gaijin · RSS 2024-10-16, 8:18 AM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
power gains
RianoDate: Sunday, 2010-02-28, 9:37 PM | Message # 1
Less of a Noob
Group: Administrators
I don't know why anyone is insisting on changing the fundamentals of a game that works, but I do agree to the change in the training gain system. It should get harder to benefit from training as you get stronger. Here's what I propose:

0 - 99,999 = words
100,000 - 499,999 = words /2
500,000 - 999,999 = words /2.5
1,000,000 - 2,499,999 = words /3
2,500,000 - 7,499,999 = words /3.5
7,500,000 - 9,999,999 = words /4
10,000,000+ = words /4, no bonuses from weights or gravity

That's it. That's the only change. It doesn't matter what the hell get's changed, if someone posts a lot they will get more power. Caps are ridiculous and beat the point of a free roleplay system. I'm sorry that you feel threatened by someone with nothing better to do than post, but it doesn't mean they should be punished for their passion to play. If any cap is put into place, I say that it should be a cap of relativity. Starting at 50,000 powerlevel, you would only be allowed to double your powerlevel each month. Seems reasonable, and it doesn't impose an all-encompassing super-number on people that they can't pass.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt if you will, but it is what it is.

Rawr.

EhecatlDate: Monday, 2010-03-01, 0:38 AM | Message # 2
Less of a Noob
Group: Users
I just don't want to see members get distressed because they can't keep up with people who post constantly. This isn't an mmo, its a casual forum rp. There is no need to completely overwhelm others who have lives and outside interests like what is happening now.

For me to keep up, I'd have to shut myself in my room for about 12-15 hours every day and do nothing but type out long, meaningless stories for the word count. Thats not fun at all. And when a game stops being fun, it becomes work. Work I don't get paid for.

If people just want to play all day, more power to them. But the gains that come from that unbalance the universe we are all in, and makes it impossible for anyone who doesn't post none stop to compete. In a competitive rp like this, not having a chance to even come close to the top of the strongest list is disheartening, and the idea that just two or three people are controling the entire game because of this will lead to the game itself no longer being fun for those in the lower levels of power.

In the end, if I can't have the opportunity to even come close to being a viable fighter in a combat based RPG, there is no point in trying.

As for the system suggestion, I don't know. Decimals are annoying. But I guess it would work. Never understood why it became easier to become more powerful as you got stronger anyway. ANd I suppose the no more than double your pl cap would be fair. THough a bit more extreme than the pl caps we have now. Seeing as it would take five months to break one million.

I will not back
a step away
from that hoard-guardian.
We two shall end
as fate decrees.
-Beowulf

That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 2:19 PM | Message # 3
Less of a Noob
Group: Administrators
Agree with AREU on the topic that the decimas in the gains being annoying. I don't think the capping at doubling the pl per month would be a good idea. It doesn't help with the evening out idea caps were suggested for. With that, a person at 50.000 and a person at 100.000... in the month, no matter if the person { the 50k one } train twice as much as Mr. 100k... he'll never be able to lower the difference between him and Mr. 100k. Not to mention x2 can end uo beign too low for a whole month.

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024