Site friends

Welcome, Gaijin · RSS 2024-10-16, 6:23 AM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Dragon Ball Hunting Question/Concern
Kyrt_RyderDate: Thursday, 2010-03-11, 4:01 PM | Message # 1
Cool
Group: Checked
Ehecatl and I were talking on MSN, and he raised a point that has me perplexed. The dragonball page says you have to wait a day before gathering the next ball but apparently Fellipe expects us to be inactive for a full 24 hours afterwards? That doesn't make any sense, I thought activity was a good thing, aren't we all building a story together?

Below is our conversation, I would appreciate any input you guys have on the matter.

ehecatl_wind_caller@yahoo.com said (1:31 PM):
*Oy Luke.
*You have to end the thread and wait one day after the thread's end to officially grab the dragon ball.
Lucas Dominus says:
*that doesn't make sense. The dragon ball page just says you have to wait a day before finding the next ball...
Ehecatl says:
*Its a day of inactivity. I thought this might happen, so I asked Fellipe last night to make sure.
*And thats what he told me.
Lucas Dominus says:
*a day as in twenty four hours >.>
Ehecatl says:
*Yes.
*24 hours.
Lucas Dominus says:
*that's retarded.
*but I guess it's the rule
Ehecatl says:
*Thats the rule.
Lucas Dominus says:
*it's still a retarded rule lol
Ehecatl says:
*No worries.
Lucas Dominus says:
*did you ask him why he wants people to stop roleplaying? lol
Ehecatl says:
*To stop people from training between gather.
*I tried using a ship to fly from one ball to the next, training as it autopiloted itself to the next ball. Didn't work. lol
Lucas Dominus says:
*So would he still be mad at us if we hit the gather button and quit counting gains from then on?
*because I honestly, am seriously disgusted by the thought of having to put a story on hold for some gay rule
*how are people supposed to have epic dragonball challenges where they try to take a given ball before the other people if one person has to go innactive once he hits 'find' ?
Ehecatl says:
**Shrug* Have to ask Fellipe.

Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me. The whole concept of epic struggling over the balls is totally destroyed if people have to just sit around and wait a day while on 'auto-pilot'

That kills the story, the conflict, the adventure. It turns into... well... it becomes a piece of routine instead of something meaningful.

minimal_diffusionDate: Thursday, 2010-03-11, 4:16 PM | Message # 2
Uber Noob
Group: Users
"Using a Dragonball Radar, you will find one dragonball after a 500 words quest and then one day of wait."

From the Dragonball page. Right there on the side bar.

I don't know about you, but what I get from that is:
1) You need to write at least 500 words on how you find and get a Dragonball.
2) You need to wait a day afterwards.

Waiting implies that you don't do anything else. Just like how you wait a week (or three days, or... however long) for your meditations. And last I checked, a day was 24 hours.

lolcommon sense.

Kyrt_RyderDate: Thursday, 2010-03-11, 4:22 PM | Message # 3
Cool
Then I guess whatever sense I have isn't so common, because I see two possible interpretations to that. One being waiting 24 hours to find another dragonball, the other being waiting 24 hours to do anything.

Also... Frost... you did nothing to respond to my problem with the rule, just stated your opinion on what it means. You don't want epic adventures where people struggle over the balls? You want to just go through a boring daily routine? "Oh, it's 5 O'clock now, guess I better bust out my 500 meaningless words and then wait another 24 hours."

minimal_diffusionDate: Thursday, 2010-03-11, 4:32 PM | Message # 4
Uber Noob
Quote (Kyrt_Ryder)
ehecatl_wind_caller@yahoo.com said (1:31 PM):
*Oy Luke.
*You have to end the thread and wait one day after the thread's end to officially grab the dragon ball.

Quote from your first post.

Also, despite knowing these rules, your crack team of Greenies and Sadomasochists have had their fair share of interesting adventures gathering Dragonballs, both on Earth and Namek.

It's just once the thread ends, you have to wait a day. If you want to expand on the story of how you break into a palace, sneak your way through the halls, steal a guard's clothes, nick the Dragon ball, and then flee the scene with 30 palace guards on your tail, it seems like no one has a problem with you doing that. You just can't start the next thread until a full 24 hours has passed.

Hyuuga-NejiDate: Saturday, 2010-03-13, 12:45 PM | Message # 5
Less of a Noob
1. Must first of all write a 1.000 words story telling how you got to know about the existance of the dragonballs. Namekians don't need this.
*well this is a given and shouldn't need to be explained

2. Using a Dragonball Radar, you will find one dragonball after a 500 words quest and then one day of wait.
3. Using a Scouter, you will find one dragonball after a 500 words quest and then two days of wait.

The 500 word quest is just a minimum amount that you can write finding a single dragonball, but also depending on the db radar or the scouter that you might happen to have you would have to wait 1-2 days (24-48) of inactive time before you can post for the next dragonball. So once you find a dragonball you can't really go about finding another one until then.

Kyrt_RyderDate: Saturday, 2010-03-13, 3:02 PM | Message # 6
Cool
That's fine Neji, my issue had been that some people in the chat thought you couldn't role play with those in your company after the dragon ball finding post. Kenny took care of that in another thread though.

I never had a problem with waiting X time to find the next ball, just with some people thinking you couldn't rp after finding a ball.

Hyuuga-NejiDate: Saturday, 2010-03-13, 3:11 PM | Message # 7
Less of a Noob
yeah this is true really you really shouldn't so if they want to do something to pass the time then they should do a BS fight or something within the battle stadium it sometimes helps.

Kyrt_RyderDate: Saturday, 2010-03-13, 3:17 PM | Message # 8
Cool
Why Neji? How is that right or fair to the story to suddenly put it on hold instead of advancing the plot and building the adventure? It's a rush, a thrill, a challenge and a contest, you know?

Why do you think people should have to put the role play on hold just because of a stupid ball? I totally understand X time before finding the next ball, but there's no real reason that I can see to prevent people from role playing between.

Also, going to quote Kenny's post on the matter from another thread (this one raised by someone with a... more pissy attitude than mine lol)

Quote (ussjkenny)
I'm getting damn tired of your pissy attitude already Wulf. Do you have to bitch? No. So shut the fuck up.
You can RP with a friend between. Did anyone say you had to do nothing? No.

So... can you explain why you think it's so bad for people to role play while finding the balls?

Hyuuga-NejiDate: Saturday, 2010-03-13, 3:27 PM | Message # 9
Less of a Noob
if they happen to be fighting over the same db then yeah sure but both parties need to wait a single day regardless a it takes that 24 hours to find the db anyway. Once that db happens to be found they sure I guess both parties can fight it out for that db.

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024