Welcome, Gaijin · RSS 2024-10-16, 8:22 AM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Trainer Intelligence levels
Kyrt_RyderDate: Thursday, 2010-02-25, 5:47 PM | Message # 1
Cool
Group: Checked
Hey there, it's me again.

I was reading the Sensei page, and saw the requirement for 1,000 Intelligence per sensei you train under, and I have to ask. Are you guys sure that's ideal?

Sensing was improved a bit, but Int still feels odd.

Afterall, Goku was far from the brightest guy, and he trained under three senseis (2 of them if you count Kami as a quest) by 10,000 power level.

Is it possible that one sensei per 500 int would be a better setup?

EnlightenedInsanityDate: Thursday, 2010-02-25, 7:11 PM | Message # 2
Noob
Group: Administrators
You gotta remember that intelligence is not a measure of how book smart you are, but your battle intelligence. And 1000 Intel encourages people to put more stat points into intelligence to get more sensei moves, expanding their arsenal. It puts a greater importance on high intelligence and evens it out more against the other stats

THE V-LORD SUPREME!

Kyrt_RyderDate: Thursday, 2010-02-25, 7:18 PM | Message # 3
Cool
Heh, it's almost comical how big a fight this post caused in the chat. I was just hoping for some intellectual discussion on the possibility and it seemed like I got attacked over the idea.

The way I saw it, was that 1,000 int is such a huge investment for one additional trainer, one that I don't know many people who would make it. If it were worth two trainers it would make intelligence a more appealing stat, in my eyes.

But after the fight that happened, I hesitate to continue this discussion. It almost seemed like people were mad at me for presenting an idea.

EnlightenedInsanityDate: Thursday, 2010-02-25, 7:47 PM | Message # 4
Noob
lol, dont worry, i'm not trying to attack you. I've been part of this rpg for about 7 years and have seen plenty of change to really care about altering this. I understand your thought about lowering the intel requirement leading people to putting more points into their intelligence, but in the long run it would really lower the importance of the stat. We get over 90,000 stat points over the course of your character's power growth, and if you trained under one trainer from every planet plus the kai of your choice, thats only 6k intelligence. That's not much compared to the 90,000+ total stat points we get. So while it might be appealing in the short run, its lowering the importance of intel in the long run.

THE V-LORD SUPREME!

Kyrt_RyderDate: Thursday, 2010-02-25, 8:18 PM | Message # 5
Cool
I can see what your saying EnlightenedInsanity. It makes sense from your perspective. The other stats are opposed though, so they tend to be much more important, losing 3,000 points means a lot when those points are later effected by transformations.

I guess in the end you're perspective is probably the right one, but it is a tricky subject.

JonDate: Thursday, 2010-02-25, 10:31 PM | Message # 6
Noob
Group: Users
Intelligence have always been one of the stats that the site has struggled to find some uses for, but way I see it, its a good way to limit people to do things such as geting a space ship, then hauling ass from planet to planet learning sensei moves and this early point tongue

MaxDate: Friday, 2010-02-26, 4:57 AM | Message # 7
Uber Noob
Group: Users
Road Trip! tongue

That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Friday, 2010-02-26, 11:16 AM | Message # 8
Less of a Noob
Exactly. Specially if the idea is give more importance to the stat as in induce ppl to put more points in it, just doesn't make sense to reduce the requirement of intelligence.

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024