Site friends

Welcome, Gaijin · RSS 2024-10-16, 8:15 AM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Power Up (and it's successor technique)
Kyrt_RyderDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 11:09 AM | Message # 1
Cool
Group: Checked
Well, I've been reading the site, analyzing it and the inter-racial balance, and something has struck me as... rather extreme.

The difference between Henshin (changeling transes) and the baseline power up options is staggering, to the point that when two people of roughly equal power, one being a changeling and the other not being a changeling (this applies to earlier levels of ssj to a much lesser degree. The difference is small enough between those two points however, that I'm willing to accept it, partly in light of the fact that later super saiyan levels surpass their equal level henshin)

So my question is, do we REALLY need to require a special quest to get a decent multiplier for the normal people? At the low levels Henshin is utter rape to people without it, granting X3 PL and X 1.5 strength and speed as compared to x1.5 PL and 1.1 strength and speed. With the upgrade there's still a difference notably in the changeling's favor (especially when one considers the restorative properties of henshin transformations, and the extra defenses they have during transformation) but there is a less 'rape' gap between them.

Your thoughts guys? Should people who aren't Saiyan or Changeling be required to undertake a quest to get 'decent' boosts to try to compete with the transforming races?

Would it be better if those quests went back to the way they were and those multipliers were made natural to the Power Ups instead (also preventing the conundrum for good people were namek to be blown up) ?

I should also point out that with the most probable change to training gains it will be most unfortunate for those who need the boosted power ups, as they will have to take it before the multiplier to their base power level would do them the most good (after hitting one of the higher reduced gain rates,) thus shortchanging their overall gains compared to the transforming races who are free to wait as well.

Message edited by Kyrt_Ryder - Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 11:11 AM

That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 1:40 PM | Message # 2
Less of a Noob
Group: Administrators
Henshin is a Racial Ability. Power Up / Unlocked Potential is a power up technique. That pretty much defines one to be stronger than the other. Not to metion the fact that changelings transformations are slow and they can go one stage per post. SSJ brackets aren't equals to changelings power ups either. So no. They aren't meant to be equal. As time goes, the differences dilute. You can always earn the enhancement of the transformation at an earlier point, but if you wanna wit until 10 mil to do that it's your call.

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024