Welcome, Gaijin · RSS 2024-10-16, 8:18 AM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Transformations go Bye Bye
That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:23 AM | Message # 1
Less of a Noob
Group: Administrators
Since it's the beginning of the game, it won't affect anyone at all. Decided to take away racial transformations as... well... the only races that actually transform in the series are changelings and saiyans so it doesn't make sense for them to exist. Zarbon too. The others just powered up. So I made one of the changeling's racial a special set of transformations { fifth form is still their racial quest / move... haven't touched that } and did the same to saiyans { in their case, it's their racial quest } . Aliens can create transformation sets if they make abilities for it.

The other races can keep up with the saiyans / changelings / aliens by learning Powered Up and Unlocked Potential, which were pumped up a little bit to ensure fairness, even though they still are a little weaker than specific racial transformations. SSJ 4 is the strongest one.

KryeedDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:38 AM | Message # 2
Less of a Noob
Group: Users
um....warning would have been grand...it seems rather dis-balanced now...rather very dis-balanced

Kyrt_RyderDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:40 AM | Message # 3
Cool
Group: Checked
Kryeed's got a point. From what I can tell it really isn't fair.

Also, why is the show such a big deal? Why do we have to follow cannon? Just because they didn't transform doesn't mean it's not possible, it just means it doesn't happen ya know.

EhecatlDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:47 AM | Message # 4
Less of a Noob
Er, Fellipe. You realize this makes everyone who is not a saiyan or changeling utterly useless right?

Everyone gets this at max. pl x30, str & spd x4

Saiyans at only super saiyan level get pl x25; str x4, spd x3

They can nearly match us with the first trans they get... If they get anything higher it will be a rapestomp.

This change will destroy the entire balance of the game, and make it utterly horrible for anyone who does not play a saiyan or a changeling.

I will not back
a step away
from that hoard-guardian.
We two shall end
as fate decrees.
-Beowulf

RianoDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:48 AM | Message # 5
Less of a Noob
well... i can't say it's easy to argue against, but it does kinda take away from the individuality in a way. Since you took all the trans away from races except for saiyan and changeling, what did you take from them?

Rawr.

ShinigamiDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:48 AM | Message # 6
Noob
while i understand wanting to stay true to the series, striping all the transformations from the other races and giving them only powered up and unlocked potential they still are seriously outclassed by changlings and saiyans. just with a quick look, no one but a changling or another saiyan can fight a fully transformed saiyan. they just dont reach the required power and stats to do anything. unless the other races get a power up technique that can put them on equal footing, or maybe semi-permenent effects, they will have no hope of defeating a SS4 or true form changeling. if the site is too close to the series, then all you can do is play a saiyan, changeling or maybe an alien or you become krillen.

are there going to be anything that will put them on a more equal footing then just those techniques?

I’ll chase you till the end of time. Ill change your fact to myth. To all four corners of the world, and even to the fifth. I do not fear my punishment, by karma or by jury. No tempered wit nor stroke of luck can save you from my fury.

RianoDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:50 AM | Message # 7
Less of a Noob
shini, no one is supposed to have an easy time against ssj4 or changeling in final form.. we definitely saw that in the show. i see where he's going with it, just did it a bit sudden and caught everyone off guard lol.

Rawr.

ShinigamiDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:52 AM | Message # 8
Noob
i never said that they should have an easy time, but the transformations before allowed it to be close, after a point now, they have no chance of defeating them, unless their stats are vastly superior.

I’ll chase you till the end of time. Ill change your fact to myth. To all four corners of the world, and even to the fifth. I do not fear my punishment, by karma or by jury. No tempered wit nor stroke of luck can save you from my fury.

Kyrt_RyderDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:53 AM | Message # 9
Cool
But Riano, nobody's supposed to have an easy time against a fully powered up, roughly equal base stats/pl ANYTHING.

That's called game balance. It means everybody is on roughly equal footing. Making Saiyans and Changelings better doesn't accomplish much except flip the bird to people who want to play something else.

RianoDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 1:57 AM | Message # 10
Less of a Noob
i can agree with ethecatl a bit though, i think the ssj forms should be watered down a bit, making ssj3 just slightly better than lvl 7 unlocked potential. ssj4 should probably be watered a bit too. x30 vs x40 is a clear advantage, but x30 vs x50 is hardcore rape/pillage/burn

Added (02.24.2010, 10:57 Am)
---------------------------------------------
or if you really don't want them all to have trans, have something that accomplishes the same things as the old system, including the different boosts for each race and stuff, just say that they are racially-unique forms of unlocked potential

Rawr.

Kyrt_RyderDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 2:01 AM | Message # 11
Cool
Quote (Riano)
or if you really don't want them all to have trans, have something that accomplishes the same things as the old system, including the different boosts for each race and stuff, just say that they are racially-unique forms of unlocked potential

You know, that's not a bad idea. Changing it such that while the other power ups aren't 'technically' transformations, they achieve the same result.

(Also, I think I should point out that demons very well could have had permanent transformations, we never got to watch a demon develop, only saw them at various stages as villains)

KryeedDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 2:01 AM | Message # 12
Less of a Noob
i almost feel like my massive trainings are all for naught, if some kids going to be a saiyan or changeling and fuck me up when we hit the 500k mark xD lets see my LA protect me from epic bitch slapping

EhecatlDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 2:06 AM | Message # 13
Less of a Noob
I honestly would miss my transformations a lot. They were a big part of my character. I'd prefer to keep them, as they helped make my character unique.

Considered racial transformations simply unique power ups. They don't HAVE to have a physical change, but making that possibility impossible is a bit well.. wrong. Customizability should never be completely taken away. And androids and demons have been shown to change their appearance upon reaching higher teirs of power. Or at least Cell did.

Take it back to how it use to be. It was balanced then. And as many have said before me, If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I do admit I kinda like how you made changeling transformations though, as their transes lore wise make no sense that a low level character can't reach their true form if they want.

Just let us all have our original transformations, and it'll all be good again. >.>

I will not back
a step away
from that hoard-guardian.
We two shall end
as fate decrees.
-Beowulf

Kyrt_RyderDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 2:08 AM | Message # 14
Cool
Quote (Ehecatl)
Considered racial transformations simply unique power ups. They don't HAVE to have a physical change, but making that possibility impossible is a bit well.. wrong. Customizability should never be completely taken away. And androids and demons have been shown to change their appearance upon reaching higher teirs of power. Or at least Cell did.

Take it back to how it use to be. It was balanced then. And as many have said before me, If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I do admit I kinda like how you made changeling transformations though, as their transes lore wise make no sense that a low level character can't reach their true form if they want.

Just let us all have our original transformations, and it'll all be good again. >.>

Quoted for Epic Truth, so epic it needed to be repeated.

ShinigamiDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 2:08 AM | Message # 15
Noob
Quote (Kyrt_Ryder)
Private

Reproofs: 0%
You know, that's not a bad idea. Changing it such that while the other power ups aren't 'technically' transformations, they achieve the same result.
(Also, I think I should point out that demons very well could have had permanent transformations, we never got to watch a demon develop, only saw them at various stages as villains)

that is a good idea, it keeps the flavor of no one but changlings and saiyan's have transformations, but its really a lie since they will be able to match other races like they originally were going to do. kinda what i thought could happen when i asked about putting them on equal footing.

• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024