Search

Site friends

Welcome, Gaijin · RSS 2024-10-16, 6:17 AM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
VOTE
That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Monday, 2010-03-01, 12:14 PM | Message # 31
Less of a Noob
Group: Administrators
I don't think a pl cap is needed. After 10.000.000 is a bitch to gain pl. +1.000.000 per 300.000 words roughly speaking with all possible boosts, including HBTC. No one is ever going to get overly stronger than others, really. Of course there will be boosts such as saga boosts that will multiply pl by a certain number, to the point the best way to increase pl will be sagas. More specifically speaking member sagas, what encourage ppl in making a move with their characters.

And to be more specific about Jon's comments:

STRENGHT
250: Once per battle can apply a cumulative 25% damage reduction to an attack as long as it doesn't exceed your power or strength in x1.2.
500: Can do the one above twice per battle.
1.000: Can do the ones above against somethign x1.3 times as strong as yourself.
2.000: Can do the ones above against somethign x1.5 times as strong as yourself.

SPEED
250: Once per battle can slap away a blast at x1.2 times your power.
500: Can do the one above twice per battle.
1.000: Can do the ones above against somethign x1.3 times as strong as yourself.
2.000: Can do the ones above against somethign x1.5 times as strong as yourself.

INTELLIGENCE
Every 500 Int: Gains +1 extra use. { Human's Racial: gains +1 every 400 int }
Every 1.000 Int: +1 move change.

SENSING
100: Sight speed x1.3
200: Has a sixth sense { may feel ki in a radius of 1 mile, though cannot precise the position or direction or the level of the ki being sensed }
400: Sight speed x1.4
500: Choose 1 sense to be your best sensing { works about ten times more efficiently }.
600: Sight speed x1.5
800: May feel ki in a radius of 100 miles { if sixth sense is your best sensing, then planetary wise }
1.000: Sight speed x1.6
1.500: May feel ki planetary wise { if sixth sense is your best sensing, then universally wise }
2.000: Sight Speed x1.7
2.500: Works like a walking scouter, best sensing can't be tricked in any means and may feel the energy of innanimate
objects.
3.000: Sight Speed x1.8
3.500: If Vision is your Best Sense: Can see the colors of one person's aura, being able to tell everything about their personality and alignment

If Hearing is your Best Sense: Has a sonar type sensing { like konat-jins' } allowing blind fighting at natural speed + sight speed bonus

If Smelling is your Best Sense: No one can hide his / her presence for you as you can track them down through smelling

If Touch is your Best Sense: You can tell whatever happened in one area by simply touching the ground and can feel the Earth's movements allowing a blind fight at your speed + half of your sight speed bonus

If Sixth Sense is your Best Sense: Even when it says "unsenseable" you are able to feel it

4.000: Foresight; May see moments in the future in the battle, allwoign you to add 25% of your sensing stat to your speed.

EhecatlDate: Monday, 2010-03-01, 3:04 PM | Message # 32
Less of a Noob
Group: Users
Hmm. I'll vote for the new system then.

I will not back
a step away
from that hoard-guardian.
We two shall end
as fate decrees.
-Beowulf

RianoDate: Monday, 2010-03-01, 5:24 PM | Message # 33
Less of a Noob
I think it should all just be left alone. If anything changes, I vote for the change in training gains. Leave the stat system and everything else the way it is for now. </vote>

Rawr.

Kyrt_RyderDate: Monday, 2010-03-01, 5:29 PM | Message # 34
Cool
Group: Checked
Translating for Riano, that means option 3, where people above x points get lower gains, but the general system is left in peace. (also it leaves fewer pages that need to be tweaked, there is a lot of places the system affects various pages and such. The bigger the revision the bigger pain in the butt lol)

As I said before though, I'm ok with 2 or 3 (but I lean towards 3.)

EDIT: As an example of that pain in the butt I was talking about, the stat requirements on quests would need to all be brought down into proper alignment with the new stat system.

Message edited by Kyrt_Ryder - Monday, 2010-03-01, 5:31 PM

LanceDate: Monday, 2010-03-01, 8:43 PM | Message # 35
Noob
Ok so my last post went down the drain. So i'll make this quick:

Give us an end game pl cap. I don't really care what it is tho i am in favor of the suggested 15 billion.

no training boundaries. its unnecessary and we don't really need it. i don't want to have to hold off my training based on someone's pl. thats what an end game pl cap wud be useful for.

and if we think about it, most rpgs have a lvl cap either way. whether its 100 in pokemon or 60 in Golden Sun.

new lower gain system: i like it. now we gotta work harder to get stronger. i just hope that grav/HBTC/FT gains stay the same (while being lowered to reflect the new lowered gains.)

ummm yeh i'm sure that's basically it.

RianoDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 9:37 AM | Message # 36
Less of a Noob
I hated the level cap on Golden Sun XD

Rawr.

Kyrt_RyderDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 10:46 AM | Message # 37
Cool
So, since it seems the general consensus is option 2, is there any chance we could get the revised stat level ups sometime soon? (I guess they might be staying the same, but a change this big is more likely to require a shift in those I'd imagine.)

That_Brazilian_GuyDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 1:45 PM | Message # 38
Less of a Noob
Again, you're threating it like if anyone was going to reach a pl above 10.000.000 easily XD To reach 15.000.000 from it's 1.500.000 words worth training in the HBTC. The gains on their own are a "cap" as at one point i's nealy impossible to get 1% stronger than you currently are.

RianoDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 3:43 PM | Message # 39
Less of a Noob
don't change anything but the power gains pleeeeease >.<

Rawr.

EhecatlDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 4:08 PM | Message # 40
Less of a Noob
If he didn't it would take forever for us to get our ultimates and final transes Riano. And it would take months to get into rank 5-6 moves. Grinding pl at high levels is all well and good. And I don't know if its the same for everyone. But if it takes me an ungodly amount of time to get to the next set of stat boosts, or my next brand new move, I lose interest and go play a game that has progression that feels like its moving faster.

It would be like training a pokemon who only learns a new move every 30-40 levels. It would get extremely tedious real quick.

I will not back
a step away
We two shall end
as fate decrees.
-Beowulf

RianoDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 4:44 PM | Message # 41
Less of a Noob
This isn't a video game, designed to be accomplished in 30 hours of play on average. I've been playing one version of this site or another for nearly 8 years and it still hasn't gotten old. I can see changing the training gains to reflect a bit of realism, making it harder to get stronger when you are strong, but it won't be for a long time that anyone here gets to over 5 million. The idea is to make it harder to reach your next goal the further you get into it. RPG's aren't meant to be served with fries and a drink.

Rawr.

EhecatlDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 4:58 PM | Message # 42
Less of a Noob
But in those eight years, you were playing a wide variety of different characters, and levelings them up. Making their moves. Watching them progress And become stronger so they can gain your new abilities. It shuldn't take a month of grinding words to get from one custom move to the next milestone. Otherwise it will just be a text based version of WoW. And I already play one version of WoW, I don't need a second, thank you.

I will not back
a step away
We two shall end
as fate decrees.
-Beowulf

RianoDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 9:48 PM | Message # 43
Less of a Noob
I sort of admire the neverending quality of this game. It reflects a bit of reality, in that it takes a long time to go a long ways. Surely you don't want to accomplish in a few months what it took Dragonball characters decades of life to do?

Rawr.

Kyrt_RyderDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 9:57 PM | Message # 44
Cool
Well Riano, we're actually starting out at a much higher PL than the dragonball characters.

The time period from the invasion of Radditz to the end of the Frieza saga was maybe two years and saw base powerlevels go from 300ish to about one million. (At least, I believe so.. If I remember right Frieza's full power form's PL was 40,000,000 and SSJ is always said to grant base x 50 PL.)

The percentile increase in that period is astronomical, far far less than going from ten thousand to ten million.

(Note I'm not advocating a lightning gains system, I'm content with option 2. But I will confess, option 3, one discussed prior to posting by a committee of 5 members I might add, with people on both sides of the cap fence, is by far the best option in my mind. It requires the virtually no changes to the site as a whole, while adding an element of restraint to those who are working harder (without telling them that their endeavors mean nothing in terms of growth like the caps did.)

The only thing that saddens me is it seems there's been virtually no discussion of option 3 on this thread, it's been virtually ignored, perhaps because it was come up with by members, I can't say, but I'd like to think it warrants discussion as well ^^

EhecatlDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-02, 10:31 PM | Message # 45
Less of a Noob
Not at all. What makes this sort of game interesting to me is largely the creation proccess. The development of new moves and the progression of power. But grinding words day after day without getting any new bonuses but a mild increase in the number on my profile is not what I would call fun. If I am going to spend all that time writing, I want some sort of meaningful goal in mind thats not so far ahead it makes me not want to even try.

I'm not talking about the final cap, mind you. I'm talking about getting from level 1 move to my level 2.

With the flipped gaining proccess it would take months to move up a power level bracket once you get in the millions, as Fellipe has just demonstrated.

Option three has its merits. I don't really care which way we go with, though I suppose option 3 would be the easiest, as it will only punish those at the top of the pl spectrum and not those at the bottom as they trail behind and hit the various "Speed Bumps" that the higher ups just passed.

With a universal speed bump thing, those who skyrocket ahead will hit the speed bump and get slower, yes. But so will the slower players when they finally reach that point. So it really doesn't accomplish anything.

I will not back
a step away
We two shall end
as fate decrees.
-Beowulf

Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024